Re: Once a categorycombo is created there is no way to add/remove a category/option into/from it.

hei,

Thanks all for the contribution to this topic discussion about DAEL
cat/com(category/combination) because it helps me a lot for understanding
this concept/usage :)

First of all, I'd like to mention about the relation of this topic to
Vietnam case with DHIS2:
We use DAELcat/com for reducing the DAELs when desinging dataset,
data-entry, outputs like report, etc.
Why? because it's the needs from the reality of the field here, as Thuy
tried to explain (and also Jason saw that, thanks for your patience and
curiousity) in the report forms data is collected/showed/viewed/analysed
(maybe.. this belongs to health people, the health system with changing and
ununified health reports) that way: raw data and aggregated data sometimes
also in the same input/output.
Localization/Customization everywhere is the same with issues, differences.
A design for somewhere at first and then being generalized to "for no where
or everywhere" (in the meaning of generalization). As far as I've been
involved with HISP so far, I've seen this point.
The fact that we develop a system for global but local could customize for
using to their own needs, of course life is not easy as the ideal way of the
intentional design!

Second, Excel reporting is not our end-up or approach as Ola maybe
misunderstood but that's our current one based on the field and the status
of implementation.
For some people involed with the case of Vietnam, back to the very first day
with DHIS1.3/1.4 and DHIS2.0 in 2006 and until now, there's been many things
happened in the field of Vietnam case: ups and downs, of course. And our
mainly customized usages of DHIS2 since last year have been DAEL, Dataset,
Data-entry and Report. Later on, if these go well/smoothly and data is
entered completely, the needs of the other functionalities of data-analysis,
presentation, etc. would happen of course .
And the plan for Patient-record (customized from the global) for the
Reproductive Health Care Center where the local Vietnam team located is
counted.
In some how, I can say that THE GAME WITH DHIS2 in Vietnam just STARTED :)
and we're MOVING on!
And the mission of the local team is making use of DHIS2 for local use but
following the status of the field.
Customization is complicated, time-comsuming and it requires flexibilities.

Summary, it'd be great if you guys can understand our case in Vietnam and
our developer, Thuy for the previous emails.

Any comments?
THANK YOU!

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 9:32 PM, Jason Pickering <jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx

Best regards,