Re: Documentation

Hi,

I also like the way the manual is shaping up.

There is at least one major part missing though and that is what often is
called database maintenance or design.
with three major subsections:

1)Orgunits, hierarchies, group sets and groups:
What are they, how to set them up, what is the recommended usage.

2)Data elements, categories, datasets, groups and group sets:
What are data element, dimensions, and data sets? How to go from a paper
form to a DHIS dataset?
best practices, examples

How much from the Indian module can we use here?

And there are text on this on the help page as well that can be used:
http://dhis.uio.no/demo/dhis-web-commons-about/help.action

I think there are some useful text in the administrators manual I wrote some
years ago as well (http://folk.uio.no/olati/filer/Customising_DHIS2.pdf).

I can help to fill in the gaps here.

And then maybe another crucial chapter missing is "data analysis and
reporting", at least an intro to that with three core building blocks:

1) Aggregation
how it takes place (over time, over space, avg/sum, aggregation levels,
datamart
This is already in docbook format and needs to go into the main document

2) Indicators
what are they, types, formulas, factor, annualisation
The help page is quite good here actually.

3) Report tables
Already in docbook I think. At least on openhealthconsortium wiki and
launchpad FAQ

Then the manual can go on to all the other reporting stuff like charts,
BIRT, jasper, excel, pivots, GIS,  what have you

I can give you a hand with this Jason, but great if you come up with a first
draft that I (and hopefully others) can work from.

Should be try to come up with a more comprehensive table of contents in the
main doc (including stuff that is not written up) to get a better overview
of the gaps?

Ola
---------