Do we need unique names for category options across categories?

Hi,

I know there might have been some discussion on this in the past, but in
stead of browsing through all my mails, a quick question:

No that a category option only can exist within one category why do we need
the unique name constraint on catoptions?
Within one category we should have unique names for its option, but why
across categories?

This constraint is making it more difficult to come up with good and
consistent names for category options, e.g I have two categories
VCCT_age and PMTCT_age and they share some of the age groups, and now I need
to name age differently (e.g. '15-49 y' and '15-49 years') in the two, which
is stupid I think.

Can we get rid of this constraint?

Ola
-------