Re: Separate DHIS2 database to 2

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Ola Hodne Titlestad <olatitle@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi Thuy,
>
> When you say reports, which module are you referring to? There are many
> ways to set up reports in DHIS2, and my first thought is that it should be
> possible to generate all your reports from the same database, and that
> splitting up into 2 databases sounds like al lot of extra work for you guys
> (maintenance, import/export etc.).

*Yes, I really don't like this seperating. *

> Using report tables as your data source for your reports you should be able
> to generate more or less anything you want, you can e.g combine orgunits
> from any level. You should then be able to use report tables (with report
> parameters) in any of the report modules whether it is Jasper, BIRT, Excel
> or some other local variant you are using.
>
> You say, some orguits from district level and some orhgunits from ward
> level, does that mean not all districts in one province and not all wards,
> or all districts and some wards of a particular type maybe?

*Yes, I mean that. Only some Org unit belong to district level, but it is
created in the ward level in DHIS. And another some org units in upper
level. *

> If you create one report table per province you can select exactly the
> orgunits you want from district and ward level, and then not select orgunit
> as report parameter (all orgunits in the report are fixed). This will work,
> but since you have 84 (?) provinces this easily becomes very messy.

*Actually I created org unit groups which included org units which I want to
display in the report. And in each report has more than 1 org unit group.
Such as District org unit(some org unit in the level 4), ward org units
(some org unit in the level 4), and province org units(some org unit in
level 3). *
*and parameter is selected when generate report. *
*in the report at province level (level 2) then parameter is org unit in
level 2.*
*and if the report at district level (level 3) then parameter is org unit in
level 3.*

> So the problem relates to making these reports generic and reusable for all
> your provinces, for any orgunit at level 2. I assume that the orgunits you
> want to display at ward level are of a special type, like a health center
> more than just the normal ward (phoung/xa). Is that right?

*Yes that is right.*

> If you have assigned a common orgunit group for all these ward level units
> that you want to see in the report then it should be possible to modify the
> report tables to generically list all these units even for a province
> report.

*Yes I already assigned the common org units to org unit groups.  *

> My point is that if the report logic is something like this:
>
> For any selected orgunit at level 2 (this is your report parameter)
> populate a report table with ALL children (districts) and the grandchildren
> (ward level) of orgunit type X.
>
> That should be doable to add to report tables I think.

*I will discuss with Tri about this to see if he can do the report table to
excel report module. Because I am using the Excel report module. And it
doesn't desplay the org units as the requirement of report.  And Tri said
it's impossible to list the 'grandchildren' org units. *

> I would rather try to improve the report table functionality than splitting
> up into two databases just to solve a report problem.
>

> Does this make sense?
>
> Ola
>
> *Thank you very much. *

Thuy