Re: Patient Identifier Management functions

Was just talking to Sundeep and Eric about the integration using the OpenMRS
API just a few minutes back...
It would be useful to talk to ppl here once again, if its on anyone's agenda
and if Sundeep, Kristin and Jorn believe we can use the existing work by
Abyot, Viet, Bharath etc in Patient module to use with the OpenMRS API.

As for the ID generation thing, I was collaborating with Andy by modifying
the registration module, but then Mike Seaton suggested he can build a
separate id_gen module
<http://openmrs.org/index.php?title=Idgen_Module> instead
of taking much modified registration workflow... It takes the good lessons
learnt from id generation concepts and tries to keep it simple

---
Regards,
Saptarshi PURKAYASTHA
Director R & D, HISP India