Question on report tables

It seems that it is not currently possible to have a report table with
no cross-tab dimensions. The reason that I would like to have this is
in order to feed a PivotTable and having the data already cross-tabbed
is a bit problematic. I would do this from the datamart itself, but
since there is so much data in the data mart, and it is not possible
to have multiple data marts (as is the case for report tables) I would
prefer to have a select set of data elements (and preferably
indicators as well, similar to the data mart).

So, I guess, I am asking would it be possible either to

1) Have multiple named datamarts that would be stored in something
other the default tables?
2) Allow a report table to have zero cross-tab dimensions?

Ideas?

Regards,
Jason

Follow ups