Re: New installer available: Testers wanted

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Jason Pickering <
jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have managed to get another installer together, for DHIS2 Live
> package, this time using BitRock, which seems like a more solid
> product than IZPack. They granted us a license for use with the
> project.
>
> This installer is intended for Windows only, and uses the H2 database.
> A check for java is performed to be sure a valid version exists.
>
> The EXE file is here http://www.mediafire.com/?jute3kuj1um
>
> If there are people that could test on Vista and/or Win7, I would be
> very grateful for feedback.
>
> Best regards,
> Jason

Hi,

I have just tested this on my Win7 machine. The installation per se seems to
work fine. The click-next-next process works smoothly. All files seem to be
copied to the right place. When starting DHIS 2 Live it hangs on the orange
"starting" icon though. Nothing is written to the logs either so I am not
sure what's going on.

I am running the latest Live without any problems. Not sure but it might
seem like the Live files in the installer are outdated, the splash screen in
use was changed 6 months back.

Lars