Re: H2 BitRock Windows Installer Available

Hi there. It is definitely possible, and Knut has already done this in
an old installer that installed Tomcat as well. I just wanted to get
"some" installer working, for demonstration purposes here in Zambia.

 I think we should really develop a list of requirements, and go from
there. Likely, we may have multiple installer variants. I see a few
possibilities.

1) A vanilla H2 installer which alternatively, can be packaged with
the Demo DB. This should be very simple based on the current BitRock
installer.If one were to create the installer with the demo DB as part
of the package, this is already done. Alternatively, we could allow
the user to download it, and install it, but this is not feasible in
this part of the world.

2) A vanilla Postgres installer, that come prepackaged with the
Postgres binary. We already have this to some degree with the IZPack
installer, and it should be pretty simple to do this in BitRock as
well. It just needs some more time to figure out how to install
postgres silently (which is already documented on the page you sent)
and install the DB.

3) Utilizing Knut's work, a combined Postgres/Tomcat installer. I
would really regard this as lower priority, as I see no compelling
reason not to use the live package instead of a full-blown Tomcat
installation for desktop installs (which was my target audience).
There are already pretty good instructions of how to get DHIS2
installed (either with the Debian packager) or from individual
packages. I would think that people capable of installing Tomcat,
should be capable of installing Postgres.

The great thing about BitRock is the auto-update feature. I have not
looked at this, but it seems to be pretty striaghtforward.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
jason