Aggregation in the datamart and orgunit level specification

Hi there. I have made a couple of observations that I would like to
bring up to the devs. Currently, one can specify in the definition of
data elements and indicators the aggregation levels that should result
from a data mart export. It would appear that if no data aggregation
levels are marked, no data is exported. This is the desired behavior,
but I have data imported from DHIS 14 and it would seem that the
aggregation levels that we have defined in 1.4 were not carried into
2.0. I am not sure exactly which revision this took place in, but
today I was using the one of the latest revision, around 1486 and data
mart exports were failing for two reasons 1) there were no data
elements defined for export (only indicators) see my bug report from
today and 2) the aggregation levels had not been properly defined for
the indicators which were chosen. I reverted back to a revision ( I
think 1442 and everything worked) In DHIS1.4, data is exported to the
data mart based on the aggregation levels defined for the data
element. In 2.0, the functionality is slightly different as it allows
user to chose aggregation levels that should be exported. If these
aggregation levels have not been defined in the indicator/data
element, they will not export. These are not really bugs, but they are
confusing. I believe there should at least be a warning to the user
that they have chosen aggregation levels that are invalid for the
chosen data element/indicator combinations. In 1.4, there are a bit
fewer choices, as I believe the data elements/indicator are aggregated
for all levels that have been defined in the data elements/indicators
themselves. I am wondering if it is really necessary to have the
ability to choose the orgunit levels that should be exported in a data
mart operation, as these have already been defined in the definition
of the data element and indicator. Another strategy to deal with this
would be a data integrity check, which would warn the user that
orgunit levels have been selected for a data mart export, without any
corresponding aggregation levels in the definition itself. Perhaps
these checks are already there, and I simply just did not run them. If
so, please excuse this mail. :) However the point about not importing
1.4 aggregation levels, I think it still valid regardless.

Right, hope this is clear.

Best regards,
Jason

Follow ups