Re: New installer available: Testers wanted

2010/3/1 Ola Hodne Titlestad <olatitle@xxxxxxxxx>

> 2010/3/1 Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@xxxxxxxxx>
>

>> 2010/2/18 Jason Pickering <jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> Hi there.
>>>
>>> Try building everything from the latest version of the files, per my
>>> instructions sent in an earlier mail for the complete compile (dhis2,
>>> docs, and the installer)
>>>
>>> I suspect something was out of date as well.
>>>
>>> Thanks for testing.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> jason
>>>

>> Hi Jason, sorry lost focus on the installer for a while.
>>
>> What we badly need is an installer with DHIS2 Live + Postgres for
>> Windows.
>>

> Been getting quite a few requests for this lately and it will make our
>> range of installers close to complete, as we already have a cross-platform
>> package (Live) and a tomcat+postgres for linux (deb).
>>

> I would like to add tomcat+postgres on Windows as well. I saw a request for
> this on the users list this morning. Many users/admins are familiar with
> tomcat and would like to use it instead of jetty (which is included in the
> Live package). We had a pretty well functional windows installer for
> tomcat+postgres 1-2 years ago ( the bitrock installer), and I think there is
> still a need for it.

Okay.. that could be good to have too.. The reason why I think we should at
least prioritize Live now is that it makes life easy.. Common problems we
get with tomcat which embedded jetty avoids are:

- tomcat simply doesn't start
- tomcat is already installed
- dhis2_home isn't picked up

I've been testing Live for a long time now and it really works well, with a
postgres backend its a solid alternative.