Switching databases almost "runtime" using dhis2 live system tray UI

> PS using Live for modifying hibernate.properties (and thus a low-key
> change-of-database as required in SA) and update war file are great ideas,
> lets start a new thread for these.

Hi,

I like this seemingly simple fix to a complex problem. While we could look
at more advanced solutions to switching databases runtime at a later stage I
think being able to switch between databases using a simple menu in the
DHIS2 live system tray will help a lot to system admins and implementers
that frequently need to switch databases on their laptops or desktops. If I
understand you correctly Lars you suggest that we through the live app UI
interaction allow the users to switch database, and in the background that
triggers 1) a jetty shutdown + 2) edit/replace hibernate.properties + 3)
jetty startup sequence?

We could then with a bit more UI interaction through the live app allow the
users to register multiple databases and then provide a switch db menu that
lists all registered databases?
How long does it take to shut down and start up jetty? 1 min? It's not
perfect, but simplifies the life of the not-very-technical DHIS2 trainer
etc. that needs to work on multiple databases.

Ola
-----

Follow ups