Re: Content type not allowed during DHIS 1.4 file import

I tried with Opera and it worked. Seems to be either  a bug or perhaps
malware that is causing this.

Does not seem to be a bug with DHIS2 though, so I will not file a bug report
I guess. However, it is a problem that we need to figure out how to resolve.

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Jo Størset <storset@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Den 30. mars 2010 kl. 21.22 skrev Jason Pickering:
>
> Yeah, I figured this out actually after I had done it. Oh well, it was
> worth a try.
>
> This seems like a major limitation really, well, at least when it comes to
> importing DHIS 1.4 XML zip files. Would it be possible simply to add the
> application/octet-stream as an acceptable type?
>
> Using some Java applet might be a way to accomplish 1 and 2. 3 seems pretty
> dubious. :)
>
>  I mean, if the file is bogus, DHIS2 should simply just ignore it and trash
> the file right?
>

> I don't think it's a common problem, most clients should be reporting
> correctly for standard files and this is the first time we have encountered
> such a problem. Does anybody else know of any similar problems with dhis?
>
> It should be possible to work around the problem in your case, if it is
> what I suspect. As you say, it has been working before. Import should work
> in most browsers, if you could try another one it would help. If you could
> use something like the live http header plugin [1] to log the POST request
> being sent, it would also verify what content-type firefox sends.
>
> If we accept application/octet-stream, I think we might as well drop the
> content type checking. And I guess that should work fine. Notice that we
> currently more or less have option 3 (with 1 in addition), so 3 might not be
> *that* dubious :) Bob has been talking about switching to 2, I guess since
> sdmx-hd might come with different envelope formats (i.e. xml, zip, gzip).
>
> I'm leaving on easter break tomorrow, and Lars/Bob seem to have already
> left. So I guess it will have to wait a couple of days.
>
> Jo
>
> [1] https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3829

Jason P. Pickering
email: jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx