Re: Dataset vs. import/export vs. dael-dataset integrity checking

hello,

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 4:21 PM, Ola Hodne Titlestad <olatitle@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi Kim Anh,
>
> I am not sure I fully understand your problem.
> Maybe you could show us a few examples of data sets, data elements (English
> translations) and different period types to illustrate your problem?
> Thanks.

The issue here is quite clear because even the same daels (or even dataset)
but for diff ous they want to enter data with diff periods though the
expected-reports are with the same period to MoH, for example. That's for
their local follow-up-data-strategy.
For example for daels of Mother and Child Program, in HCMC they enter data
quarterly/monthly but in Cantho they do that monthly.

A finally/reluctantly possible solution maybe is assigning all conflict
datasets with monthly-type and then for entering quarter1/2/3/4, choosing
Mar/June/Sept/Dec. And needs explanation to users and more...

Note that saving values with different period types for the same data
> element will easily become messy and end in duplicate and overlapping data
> that the system will not mange well.
> So this constraint is important in keeping any DHIS database consistent and
> should not be violated. In fact there should be some validation of this in
> data entry and data import as well, and not just in the manually run
> integrity checks.
>
> In your case it sounds like you need multiple data elements with different
> period types. The use calculated data elements or indicators, or some custom
> aggregated reports to combine the data with different period types for data
> analysis.

so solutions for multiple-period-data vs. analysis and report are quite okay
BUT for multiple-period-data vs. data-entry is not yet?
Thinking of checking data integrity or entry for the case: daels-period-ou
(dataset: daels, period, then assign dataset to ous) >>>  daels-ou-period
(dataset: daels, ou, then assign ou to period-type)

> The best solution is the non-technical one, to enforce the same data
> collection frequency for all orgunits, and that way achieve a more
> consistent data warehouse. I understand that this might be difficult to
> achieve though.

yeap, political way is a better one here but it'd be a long way to go :)
because of local custom/culture/history

join facebook at www.facebook.com join LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com