Re: DHIS2 Live USB edition

Thanks for testing. i will check out prism and the embdeed JRE.

I am thinking that this may be a better strategy for deciding which
browser to use.

1) Check for a DHIS2_BROWSER variable, which should be a path to a
browser which has either been set by the user or been set during the
installation process. If this exists, and is valid, launch DHIS2 in
this browser.
2) If no variable exists, test for a directory (at this case,
FireFoxPortable) and use this browser. I think this is going to be
required when the application is launched from a USB key, and has not
been installed on the system at all. We cannot guarantee that a
browser envar has been set, or that a suitable browser exists, or that
even a JRE exists. So, we can try and make it as self-contained as
possible.
3) If none of this works, just use the default browser.

I am testing this code now, and will provide it to Bob for comments.
Other comments are welcome.

I think that this implementation should not affect those already using
the DHISlive.exe file, as if the envar is not set, and the
FireFoxPortable (or prism or whatever we feel is best for a browser to
distribute with DHIS2) then the default browser will get launched
anyway.

Regards,
Jason