Re: [Dhis2-users] DHIS2 setup problem

I want to thank all of you for your quick responses.  In Ghana, everybody has Monday morning meetings and I haven't been able to get in touch with them yet.

The reason for having both databases is that I have been working in MySQL to get actual Ghana data into the system, while Eden's Sierra Leone data with more complete outputs is in Postgres.  This is also one reason for not using the simple setup, along with the fact that they are going to have to understand Tomcat for their operational implementation.  This is something new for people like the Ghanaians who are coming from the Microsoft client-server environment.

Hope to see you all in Accra in September!!

From: dhis2-users-bounces+rdf4=cdc.gov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+rdf4=cdc.gov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Friedman, Roger (CDC/OID/NCHHSTP) (CTR)
Sent: Sunday, July 11, 2010 8:05 PM
To: Lars Helge Øverland; DHIS 2 developers; dhis2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Knut Staring; Edem Kossi; olatitle@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Dhis2-users] DHIS2 setup problem

Folks --

    As you may have heard, Ghana Health Service is enthusiastic about installing DHIS2.  On Thursday and Friday I got to meet with their implementation team and tried to set them up with a working version of DHIS2 with which to practice.  The setup instructions are attached.

    Although I got the data into the DB (it can be seen using ODBC with the username/password), DHIS2 does not seem to see it, I can't even get a list of hierarchy levels.   Unfortunately, I neglected to get the tomcat log, but will do that right away.

    Any help you could give me with resolving this would be great.

Thanks, Roger