Re: Uniqueness of Orgunit names - once again

Not sure why they should be unique. There are lots of places with the
same name (McDonalds, BP, etc) within a given administrative district.
They have other unique properties of course such as ownership,
address, telephone number, lat/long, etc, but this seems to be another
one of those strange restrictions in the data model/business logic
that keep hitting us in the face.

I would argue these restrictions should be a data integrity rule, but
should not be hard-coded into the system itself. If people want to
have duplicate orgunits names, as you do Knut, there may be valid
reasons for this. It seems like potentially bad practice within a
given orgunit level, but this could only be a myopic view of things
(see my McDonalds example above) Certainly mangling the names with
arbitrary (supposedly) random numbers is no better.

Regards,
Jason