Re: startup issues

I have tracked the problem of slow starting of Live on linux to somewhere
between revision 1818 and 1823. Here we upgraded Spring from 2 to 3 and
Struts from 1.6 to 1.8.1. Also, Abyot merged in work on sections from his
branch.

I have disabled Spring classpath scanning for components. (We still have
autowiring of dependencies/components enabled, but the components must be
defined in the xml config). This cut the startup time with 10 seconds but
didn't really solve the underlying problem, and the startup is still too
slow, around 1 min 25 sec.

Any ideas..??