Re: [Dhis2-users] I got issues

On 19 September 2010 09:57, Friedman, Roger (CDC/CGH/DGHA) (CTR)
<rdf4@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> More:
>
> 4.  When deleting data elements, it’s necessary to delete the data element
> from any datasets or groups to which they belong.  Seems like this cascade
> could be handled programmatically, perhaps as part of a delete confirm
> message.
>
> 5.  When selecting a data element-category option combo to bind to a field
> in the html editor, if there is only one category option combo, it should be
> selected by default.  (This is probably so easy I could do it if I could
> only get my eclipse project set up.)  BTW, the data element-category option
> combo selection box is still coming up inappropriately when Save is
> clicked.  Also, it would be good to have the bind button action on the
> right-click menu in the html editor, right-click seems to be the action I
> automatically take in that process.
>
> 6.  I had a session time out with the data entry screen on the page.  There
> was no warning, I was able to enter the remaining fields on the page, but
> they were not saved.  Not good, data loss during data entry is a confidence
> destroyer.
>
> 7.  I had MySQL failures while making dataset custom forms.  Edits were lost
> without warning.  The same error occurred elsewhere and I got a message,
> seems like an error is not being properly trapped.  BTW, the MySQL error had
> a helpful message in the Tomcat log, required corrective actions probably
> should be included in installation instructions:
>
>     The driver was unable to create a connection due to an inability to
> establish the client portion of a socket.
>
>     This is usually caused by a limit on the number of sockets imposed by
> the operating system. This limit is usually configurable.

Roger this really shouldn't be happening as dhis *should* be
connecting to mysql via a connection pool and the rate of establishing
connections really shouldn't be that high as to exhaust the max number
of sockets/ephemeral ports.

Maybe if you send me your hibernate properties file I can have a look.
 Otherwise I think I'll see you tomorrow anyway :-)

Bob