Re: the data element category

Not entirely sure I am comfortable with this. Can some one point me to
the discussions that have taken place previously?

The concept of breaking category options into variations seems to be
very strange and problematic. What if I want to get all data for the
under one age group, if there are differences in some levels of
disaggregation and I use the variations as you mention? It seems like
an unnecessary, and conceptually incorrect, distinction that has been
made to me.

Regards,
Jason