Re: OpenHealthMapper

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 10:01, Jason Pickering
<jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi there. Not entirely sure what the problem with using MapFish and
> Geoserver are actually. There are plenty of examples of how the two
> can be used together. After all MapFish is simply a client, Geoserver
> simply a server capable of producing formats that MapFish can render.

Yes, no doubt about that :-) We've used Geoserver as a GeoJSON feeder for
MapFish for quite a long time ourselves (map source type: shapefiles). So if
Geoserver will be used to provide let's say a GML stream, they surely can
work together. My Geoserver/MapFish point was a comment to the suggestion of
having Geoserver do what MapFish is currently doing in OHM as well.
Geoserver is a powerful tool which we could take advantage of. But I don't
think we should rely on Geoserver in the terms of "integrating" it. What I
am trying to say is that the client should deal with input formats, not
tools. If the client accepts the provided format, it doesn't matter who
produced it.