Re: Automating DHIS2

Hi

On 7 November 2010 07:37, Jason Pickering <jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi . I was wondering if anyone has done any scripting to automate
> certain tasks (namely the datamart) with DHIS2. I came across this
> utility for Firefox which was extremely easy to use and did pretty
> much what I wanted.
>
> http://www.iopus.com/imacros/firefox/?ref=fxtab

I think selenium probably has the same or more functionality - more
particulalrly for testing, but I think could also be used for general
purpose brosewr automation.  http://seleniumhq.org/.

But have to agree that automating the browser is probably the second
best solution where there is no other api.  There are quite a few
services we need to define clean web api's for.

I have worked around basic auth using python scripts and maintaining
state with cookies like the browser does, but it's a bit awkward and
I'm not sure I'd recommend it.

I'll try and rummage back to find that (thrown away?) code.

Cheers
Bob