Re: [Dhis2-users] High-Definition Polygons

Also as Knut implies the procedure with the latest release is slightly
different than before. I am not sure it has been changed in the GIS
user manual?

There are also some nice examples here if you are using PostGIS directly

http://www.bostongis.com/postgis_simplify.snippet

As you can seen, this algorithm significantly alters the topology of
the geometry. The Douglas-Peucker algorithm may result in invalid
geometries in some cases, but probably will not matter for thematic
maps anyway.

If you use ArcGIS, the "Integrate"  tool can be useful for
simplification of polygons as well.

Regards,
Jason