Re: 2.0.5 Postgres sample cannot be restored

Like I wrote in the first email, the command line restore works fine, but
then gives the exception
Then after I clear the usersetting table, the exception goes away.

Adding a new report to view in the dashboard (i.e. changes the usersetting)
again throws the exception... Until cleared again, keeps throwing the
exception!

---
Regards,
Saptarshi PURKAYASTHA

My Tech Blog:  http://sunnytalkstech.blogspot.com
You Live by CHOICE, Not by CHANCE

On 10 November 2010 23:43, Ola Hodne Titlestad <olati@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry, what I meant to say is that you should try to load/import this dump
> file using the psql command and not pg_restore (which pgAdmin uses).
>
> Try:
> $psql -q -h localhost -p 5432 -U dhis -W test_db < test.sql
>

> ----------------------------------
> Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
> HISP
> Department of Informatics
> University of Oslo
>
> Mobile: +47 48069736
> Home address: Vetlandsvn. 95B, 0685 Oslo, Norway. Googlemaps link<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Vetlandsvn.+95B,+0685+Oslo,+Norway>
>

> On 10 November 2010 23:27, Ola Hodne Titlestad <olati@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Saptarshi,
>>
>> The file on dhis2.org is a plain text sql dump, despite the name .backup,
>> and not a compressed pgadmin backup. I haven't tried to restore that in
>> pgadmin, but there might be a problem with that, not sure.
>>
>> Have you tried to restore this plain text dump from the command line?
>>
>> A compressed backup of the same database is available here:
>> http://folk.uio.no/olati/filer/dhis2demo-pg-2.0.5_compressed.backup
>>
>> Ola,
>>

>> ----------------------------------
>> Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
>> HISP
>> Department of Informatics
>> University of Oslo
>>
>> Mobile: +47 48069736
>> Home address: Vetlandsvn. 95B, 0685 Oslo, Norway. Googlemaps link<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Vetlandsvn.+95B,+0685+Oslo,+Norway>
>>

>> On 10 November 2010 14:50, Saptarshi Purkayastha <sunbiz@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi devs,
>>>
>>> The sample database backup for 2.0.5 at http://dhis2.org/downloads cannot
>>> be restored using pgadmin
>>> When using pgadmin the 'OK' button stays gray. I've tried this and some
>>> say that plan backups cannot be restored, compressed ones work fine
>>>
>>> Also after the command-line restore gives the following exception on
>>> login:
>>> Exception (org.hibernate.type.SerializationException): could not