Re: GIS data source revision

Sounds fine with me but the first step would be to update the docs with the current procedure for loading data. Seems like Knut may have written this up in email some time back?

Sent from my HTC

----- Reply message -----
From: "Jan Henrik Øverland" <janhenrik.overland@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Nov 11, 2010 7:05 pm
Subject: [Dhis2-devs] (no subject)
To: "dhis2-devs" <dhis2-devs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I would like to suggest that we finally remove the map source types
"GeoJSON" and "Shapefiles" from the GIS client. They are not able to offer
most of the functionality that will be implemented in the future and even
maintaining them as they are would hamper the development of new
functionality considerably. However, overlays could still be loaded from
local geojson files.

In other words, I would like to control the geojson input to the thematic
widgets completely by letting our own server produce it. This geojson may
contain data from Geoserver, health surveys etc.

JH

Follow ups