Re: Plan for 2.0.6 release

2010/11/16 Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi all,
> the plan for the 2.0.6 release can be found here:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+milestone/2.0.6

That looks like an excellent plan to me.

Just one comment regarding functionality that has been discussed for a
long time, and which is essential for use of DHIS 2 as a data
dissemination platform.

I see that the following blueprint has been targeted for 2.0.7:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/ghost-login

It seems to be a special case of this more general blueprint, which
does not yet have a target release:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/anonymous-dhis2-login

I don't know the security solution well enough to have much opinion
about what these involve on the technical side, but the ability to
"publish" reading rights for certain modules (i.e. not require login)
will be a very powerful addition to the platform as a whole.

Knut