Fwd: [OPENMRS-IMPLEMENTERS] x-forms and remote formentry module

Hi,

Anything to learn/reuse from OMRS when it comes to offline data entry and
synching with server? (see email below).

"Semi-online" data entry is much needed in online user environments where
the Internet connection is unstable and data entry is sometimes better done
in bulk jobs offline + a synch with server when the connection is available
(and the cost of installing a full offline DHIS as a backup solution is too
high). This issue has come up in Kenya.

To me the easiest and most short term solution seems to be Excel data entry
offline (in restricted and standardised worksheets) and then import to
server using e.g. transforms to DXF. If there is something to reuse from
OMRS, that might speed up the process of developing a more sophisticated
solution.

What do you think?

Ola,

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP
Department of Informatics
University of Oslo

Mobile: +47 48069736
Home address: Vetlandsvn. 95B, 0685 Oslo, Norway. Googlemaps
link<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Vetlandsvn.+95B,+0685+Oslo,+Norway>