Re: Chart regeneration each time the dashboard is accessed-2.0.5

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 10:04 AM, Knut Staring <knutst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Agree that we need some deep thinking about datamarts and persistence
> for 2.0.7, especially as we consider supporting dissemination use
> cases - i.e. public data repositories.
>
> For the case of charts, I suppose an alternative could be to store the
> actual images (though there may be very many of those - and we
> probably need to delete the ones no longer used in dashboards). This
> should be more responsive than generating from datamart.

On the topic of Dashboards, I have been thinking about the inclusion
of thematic maps, and again there are similar considerations - one
could in fact store and display the images themselves, or we could
store geojson which includes coloring information in the mapview
table, making it similar to a datamart for maps, which would allow for
slightly interactive maps in the dashboard (e.g. mouse over a
suborgunit and see its name and value).

Knut