Re: Plan for 2.0.6 release

2010/11/16 Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@xxxxxxxxx>:
> In a parallel process we have a set of student projects working on the
> following blueprints:
> Project Groups
>
> Some of these are experimental while some might feed directly into DHIS 2 on
> a short term. This work can be followed on the DHIS 2 Academy Launchpad
> site:
> launchpad.net/dhis2-academy

I think the DHIS 2 Academy is really an excellent undertaking - both
when it comes to training of developers, but equally important
training of implementers (and training of trainers).

Partners in Health in Rwanda are doing similar things in training
recent graduates in OpenMRS development.
http://wiki.openmrs.org/display/RES/OpenMRS+Developer+Training+Week+8-12+February-2010

I just saw that the symfony project (used for the Debo effort) has
added an excellent step-by-step guide to all aspects of professional
web development with PHP, good inspiration for this kind of work:
http://www.symfony-project.org/jobeet/1_4/Doctrine/en/01

Knut