Re: disappearing tables

Could well be.  I just cut and paste a generic postgres hibernate/c3p0 setup.

hibernate.connection.driver_class = org.postgresql.Driver
hibernate.connection.url = jdbc:postgresql://localhost/dhis2_ke
hibernate.connection.username = postgres
hibernate.connection.password = postgres
hibernate.c3p0.min_size=5
hibernate.c3p0.max_size=20
hibernate.c3p0.timeout=1800
hibernate.c3p0.max_statements=50
hibernate.dialect = org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect

Not sure what the hbm2ddl.auto property does.  Will look it up.

Cheers
bob