Re: disappearing tables

On 14 December 2010 13:33, Jan Henrik Øverland
<janhenrik.overland@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Looks like create-drop is deafult..

Yup I see it in
./dhis-support/dhis-support-hibernate/src/main/resources/hibernate-default.properties:hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto
= create-drop

I wonder is this the right default to value to have.  It gave me a
nasty shock.  And could do damage to somebody's production db with a
naive hibernate.properties file like mine :-)

Either we should set it to 'update' if we want to ease configuration
or to 'validate' if we want to be cautious not to mess peoples
database - or cause them to mess their own.

Thanks for the heads up.  Should have asked earlier before turning my
machine upside down.

Cheers
Bob