Re: [Blueprint import-export-dataentry-forms] Import/Export of data entry forms

2010/12/15 Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Blueprint changed by Lars Helge Øverland:
>
>    Assignee: Lars Helge Øverland => Thu Tran
>
> --
> Import/Export of data entry forms
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/import-export-dataentry-forms

Looking at Blueprint (and Ola's quest for inspiration), it seems that
import/export of forms would currently have to follow the way we
import and export metadata more generally.

That is, because our current world view is that the name is the
authoritative identifier, the form would have to be exported together
with the existing metadata for dataelements, categories etc.  So we
require an additional dxf converter for form objects.  Then we would
export:
<dxf><categoryoptions, categories, dataelements etc
/><forms><form1,2,3 .../><forms></dxf>

So the question reduces to whether we have an xml representation of
the forms.  A quick and ugly scenario is store the form html code in
CDATA section.  Though it would be slightly cleaner if the form
descriptions are valid xml (eg xhtml).

On import we could then make use of the objectmapper to map ids to the
ids in the native database.

This would hopefully be a temporary situation.  Once we have the
integer identifiers more stabilized the form would only need to
identify which metadata set it is using rather than having to do
mapping.

Cheers
Bob

Follow ups