Re: Revision history

Hi Murod

I've been raising discussion for some time about the need for better
metadata governance.  Currently we have a notion of metadata but no notion
of whose metadata it is and which version it might be.  Implementators
effectively do their best to manage this manually.

I think the latest flurry was here
http://www.mail-archive.com/dhis2-devs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg08466.html,
from which I gather there is a commitment to address some of these issues in
2.0.7,  so this might be a good time to articulate the Tajik requirements
more fully.  There are lots of ways to consider this problem, but I guess
mostly it comes down to the level of granularity required.  I'm guessing
that at first pass we will implement a fairly coarse grained approach, as
you describe in "at least on each release of data dictionary".

I can't give too much thought to it right now, but I suggest we should
schedule a fuller discussion for the end of Jan/beginning of Feb.  There are
quite a few implications for many aspects of dhis.

Regards
Bob

PS.  In the short term your best approach might simply be to commit
Export_meta.xml files to a local svn (or git!), tagged on release of
datadictionary events.