new tomcat

Hi for those who did not know, Tomcat 7 is out which promises better
performance and protection against memory leaks. We have been running it for
a week in kenya without any problems and upgrading can be recommended:

http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi

Tomcat 7 also implements the servlet spec version 3 which offers interesting
things such as "asynchronous support" which means queuing of http requests
to improve thread management and techniques for "server pushing", config
with annotations and pluggable web.xml fragments. This might be promising
for our more-and-more ajaxified app. Good article here:

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-02-2009/jw-02-servlet3.html

Lars

Follow ups