Re: Indonesian Translation

Hello,

Welcome to join us.
As Jason mentioned basically the tasks, here are the details and hope it
could help you make a try locally if you're interested.

For translation, you can download the tool here:
http://dhis2.org/download/dhis-i18n-resourceeditor.zip
After downloading, "browser" the folder of your source code (check out
http://dhis2.org/downloads), for example: normally, the "dhis-2" folder.
Then do the following:
1. Add a locale for Indonesia (currently not yet exist): "Select
locale"-->"Manual (Advanced)"--> fill in language and country ISO code (for
example, id and ID for Indenesia) --> "Select"
You can see the title in the same row of the functional buttons, saying:
CURRENTLY working ON: ...
2.Expand the tree (with modules) on the left, you can see the key_words,
such as: "dhis-service-reporting">>"Daily", "Monthly", etc.
Double-click on each word (highlighted in red means not yet translated, for
example)
3.Translation: by typing the text in the box on the right (the upper one).
There is also a reference text-box below the translation text-box, just
choose the English language for reference.
Note: you TRANSLATE the text as been set in the referenced text-box.
For example, in the reference text-box of English language, you see the
text: "You must select an OrganisationUnit from the tree." for the key-word:
select_organisationunit (of "dhis-web-commons" branch/module). And your
translation job is to translate the English("You must select an
OrganisationUnit from the tree.") text to your language (in translation
text-box).
Then choose "SAVE".
check-out the generated files for each module/branch:
dhis-web/dhis-web-commons/src/main/java/resources/i18n_XXXX.properties.
XXXX would be the locale.

4.Build the source-code: (http://dhis2.org/development, Quickstart)

   - To build the source code with Maven navigate to the */dhis-2* directory
   and invoke *mvn install* Then navigate to the
*/dhis-2/dhis-web*directory and invoke
   *mvn install* again.
   - Each project in the */dhis-2/dhis-web* directory is an individual web
   module. The *dhis-web-portal* project is an assembly of all the
   individual web modules. All of these modules can be started by invoking *mvn
   jetty:run-war* The web application can then be accessed at *
   http://localhost:8080*

5.Check out the documentation:
http://dhis2.org/doc/snapshot/en/pdf/dhis2_user_manual_en.pdf
for more details of using DHIS2.
The next step is running the application DHIS2 and set-up the language for
the interface:
Maintenance>>Settings>>User Settings>>...

Goodluck!