Re: Amazon EC2 AMI

Looking more into costs, it seems to be quite significant. Costs are
calculated based on instance-hour. If it is up and running, it is
billed.  Testing on a Micro instance proved that performance is pretty
unacceptably slow. Scaling up to an instance with 17 GB of memory
improved things significantly. Latency with the RDS service seems
significant but could be related to the relatively small size of the
database (5 GB). Keeping an instance up and running 24X7 for a month
will cost you several hundred bucks it seems, significantly more than
Linode.

If you want to test yourself, give me your Amazon WS customer ID, and
I will make the AMI available to you.

Regards,
Jason