Re: Negative Data Values

Hi Juma,

We are planing to document this in detail soon, as we have made some changes
here. Briefly however, if you want to restrict your data entry values to
ONLY negative integers you should choose the "Negative integer". If your
values can potentially include zero as well, you should as Hieu points out,
choose the "Zero value storage" from the Data administration module, as well
as set the "Store Zero Data Value" for this particular data element.

"Negative integers" allow whole number values less than (but not including
zero).

"Positive integers" allow whole number values greater than (but not
including zero).

If you want to also store zeros for these number types, be sure to follow
the procedure outline above.

"Integer" allow whole number values, including zero.

You will also need to enable the "Zero value storage" options in order to
save a zero for this type as well.

"Numbers" allow any real number.

Note that we have disallowed invalid values such as "00" or ".123" or "12."
or "1e34" (scientific notation). Also thousands separators are not allowed
(e.g 1,000). Also, all values are restricted to less than 255 characters,
due to restrictions of the data models (although I seriously doubt anybody
is going to need an integer with 255 characters!).

Like I said, we will document all of this soon, and it would be good to get
peoples feedback on this, as we have tried to be more restrictive about the
data types which DHIS2 accepts, in order to improve the quality of data
entry, although it may not fit will all data entry workflows.

Regards,
Jason