Re: [Dhis2-users] Problems deploying DHIS2 2.3-SNAPSHOT

Thanks to all who have helped.  I was able to look at the stdout log and it showed that DHIS2 had started up OK (step 10 of 10), but I looked back earlier in the day and found some messages complaining about data.  I ran data integrity checks on the Oslo DB and it appears that the DB has a lot of inconsistencies arising from a metadata import which I did from my local copy to Oslo.  I will try to clear these up, redo the backup/restore step and see what happens.  If it will help anyone, I can send a previous Oslo backup file plus the metadata import file.

From: olatitle@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:olatitle@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ola Hodne Titlestad
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:47 PM
To: Yusuph Kassim
Cc: Jo Størset; dhis2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Friedman, Roger (CDC/CGH/DGHA) (CTR); DHIS 2 developers
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-devs] [Dhis2-users] Problems deploying DHIS2 2.3-SNAPSHOT

Roger,

If on Windows, try starting up tomcat manually with the startup.bat which gives you a console where you can monitor the log.
This bat file is usually only available when downloading the zip archive of the binary distribution:
http://tomcat.apache.org/download-70.cgi (look for the .zip files)

On linux you can run the startup.sh and use e.g. "tail -f <tomcat_intstall_dir>/logs/catalina.out to get the same.

Make sure the dhis.war is in tomcat/webapps before you start tomcat (and also delete webapps/dhis if there), and then no need to use the tomcat manager.

This should tell you more on what is going on.

Ola
---------

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP