Re-use of category options

Dear DHIS2 devs,
While considering the email sent to the users list this morning (which
is a problem I have come up against several time) I wanted to
experiment with the possible re-use of category options across
categories. With a bit of SQL applied to the database, I was able to
"reuse" a category option between two separate categories. One age
group
 was defined as  0-4, >5  and the other as 0-4,5-10, 11-15. Note the
re-use of the "0-4" category option between two seperate categories.
These two separate age categories were applied to a category
combination, and then applied to a dataset. I was able to enter data
for a test organisation unit and time period.

This leads me to beleive there is nothing wrong with the model, which
would not allow re-use of category options between categories, but
rather, it seems to be design issue which
1) is not properly enforced because the restriction of a category
option to a single category seems to be rather easily evaded
or 2) should be relaxed/improved to allow the re-use of category
options between categories.

Attached is the sample database (Postgres backup) which I created
during this experiment. Not sure by any means that everything works,
but it would be interesting to get comments on this issue, which has
been raised several times.

Best regards,
Jason