From: Saptarshi Purkayastha <sunbiz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 1:21 AM
Subject: Re: [OPENMRS-IMPLEMENTERS] MySQL InnoDB plugin for performance
enhancement
To: openmrs-implement-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Jeremy,

I completely agree that InnoDB-plugin does perform better than plain InnoDB
tables.
That's why Innobase (now Oracle) has been silently providing services to
improving MySQL performance for years.
Also with InnoDB-plugin you can intelligently set the KEY_BLOCK_SIZE and get
more data in-memory in ur buffer_pool_size

But from what u'll see I've mentioned earlier that if you are performing IO
intensive tasks, XtraDB (another drop-in replacement for InnoDB) provides
even better performance, with the same reliability.

---
Regards,
Saptarshi PURKAYASTHA

My Tech Blog:  http://sunnytalkstech.blogspot.com