Re: DHIS 2 Live

Jason is right in that postgres is by far the most tested environment.

But the dhis-live/h2 setup seems to work very well and was initially
targeted at exactly the sort of setup you describe.  For a low powered
desktop it is considerably less memory intensive than tomcat +
standalone rdbms.  I have used it extensively on the desktop and
haven't yet encountered problems related to the database.  (though
admittedly not recently as I keep getting postgres dumps to work on).
With few moving parts, installation and maintenance is
straightforward, so it might be worth considering.  I think I would
try it.

Bob