Conflicts merging databases

Hi guys,

I have a DHIS db (in MySQL) into which a lot of data have been manually
imported from a different system.

Now I want to move (parts of) these data into my repository, but when
importing the DXF export, I get a PSQLException like this: ERROR: duplicate
key value violates unique constraint "dataelementcategoryoption_name_key"
Detail: Key (name) = (Male) already exists.

Basically, the dataelements in the old HMIS do not (yet) exist in the
repository. I hoped they (and the datasets they belong to) would just be
added, and then the data imported.

Any good tips on how to handle this situation? Should I do a metadata
export/import first? Will that help? Do I have to rename the option in the
source HMIS db before exporting?

Knut

Follow ups