Re: Dynamic attributes

Hi

> - What is the planned use cases for this?

This is part of my work for Rwanda, the system they are using today
has quite a bit more attributes connected to each data element (or
indicator as it was known in that system), and it was decided that
instead of expanding the set of attributes connected to meta-data
today, we would rather create a dynamic system were they would be
allowed to create their own attributes.

For the specific use case, what they want is:

1) Add more meta-attributes to data elements (but we also add support
for indicators, organisation units)
2) Create a data repository report (data dictionary) in PDF. For this,
I will expand the "Export to PDF" functionality that already exists in
data elements.

> - Is this significantly different from the attributes in the tracking module (I guess these might be more dynamic, but not sure)?

Unsure, I have not looked into this. But Lars gave me the go-ahead on
this (and I guess they are different enough).

> - It doesn't seem to be linked to the general classes of nameable/identifiable object. Is it meant to be implemented just for specific meta object types?

I'm a bit unsure what you mean here.. Both attribute and
attributeoption implement AbstractIdentifiableObject..

> - How should these be handled in the communication with external systems
> - is it a general component that we should think through the use of in relation to things like the mobile solutions?

I guess that would be up to your team ;) I have not given that part of
it any further thoughts.

--
Morten