Re: java on ubuntu

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> On 25 September 2011 07:37, Jason Pickering <jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > It seems to work okay for me but causes problems with jasper reports due
> > missing fonts. I couldn't be bothered to resolve it and followed 2
> instead.
> > By far the easiest route i have found.
>
> Just chatting to Knut about this.
>
> me:  ah.  bloody fonts.

woo...it sounds good...i guess these are some of the official words commonly
used in corridore of WHO Headquater, Geneva. Is it some thing new font...i
have never heard it before...!
Bod could you let us know what kind of these fonts are....we are keen to
know about it...!
me:  historically I have found fonts are the biggest hurdle to large
scale gov FOSS migration projects.  The hidden little IP landmines
which break everything :-)

It was also the primary difference between staroffice (sun commercial)
and openoffice.  The proprietary font packs.

Maybe we need to investigate these jasper fonts a bit more closely.
Getting font liberated is a good thing.

Cheers
Bob