Re: attributes

I think I agree with most of what you are saying Bob, but it will take
some time for me to grok it. ;)

> The issue of attributes for users is I think not compelling.  There
> isn't really an immediate strong demand, other than a half hearted
> wish from Jason.  Of course I think we all agree having attributes for
> users is a good idea, but I also think, if I am reading Jason's
> request properly, the immediate requirement is simply for attributes,
> not coded attributes.

It is not really half hearted but a real request based on a
demonstrated use case in Zambia, which we cannot accomplish currently
with DHIS2. You are right, we have no immediate need for user group
sets. Of course once we realize there is not a whole lot of difference
between our dimensions orgunit(where),
period(when),dataelement/catocombooption(what),user(who), the simpler
one would think it would be to create a common code base which is
common across all the dimensions would be. Seems we are headed in that
that direction, but I digress.

The real requirement for us is simply to be able to have dynamic
attributes (namely an alternative phone number which is managed
through an Excel sheet currently). Not really sure of the full list,
but I could get my hands on that sheet to see exactly what it is they
want in Zambia, but it is certainly not anything akin to a user group
set.

Regards,
Jason