Re: import thread

> Depends really on the use case for import-export.  There should really
> be very few cases where routine import/export should ever take close
> to 30 seconds.  I recall the 300 000 data values we imported from the
> dummy ihris data in Kenya took around 8 seconds.  Even so, I think the
> 30 second timeout is related to inactivity on the thread
> (maxIdleTime).  So long as user feedback messages are trickling back
> at faster than every 30 seconds (which they should) then it shouldn't
> ever timeout.
>
> I am importing data now, around 800,00 data values, and it takes
considerably longer than 30 seconds (more than 30 minutes actually) and
this is on a very fast machine, i7,8 GB RAM, SSD.  Granted, this is a 1.4
import process, but I have seen similar things for DXF imports of these
sizes, so I wish I knew how you got 300k values imported in 8 seconds.

* INFO  17:02:53,105 Imported CompleteDataSetRegistrations
(DefaultImportObjectManager.java [Thread-11])
* INFO  17:38:04,768 867341 values were imported.
(DefaultImportObjectManager.java [Thread-11])
* INFO  17:38:05,398 Internal process completed successfully
(AbstractStatementInternalProcess.java [Thread-11])

Not sure this really matters, but obviously, I do not really care about if
it is synchronous or not. I am going to go and have a cup of coffee and
wait until it is finished, but would obviously like to know whether it is
going to succeed or not before starting such a long process.

Regards,
Jason