Web API Usage

Dear devs,

Is there documentation about the web-api. Like what resources support
GET/POST? I see a list of all the resources and 4 representations, but is
there more detailed documentation??

I also recently saw commits from Lars that implementing caching for WebAPI.
Is there any reason not to use ETags for the purpose?? That will enable to
check if new content is exposed by the web service or not and seems like
the standard way for update checks.

Is there a way to create organization units through the Web API?? If not
the web api, are there any considerations to adding org units on-the-fly,
attaching datasets and collecting data. I vaguely remember having to do
something with resource tables. Is that still necessary??

Too many questions probably in one email... but all somehow related to one
another.

---
Regards,
Saptarshi PURKAYASTHA