Fwd: [OPENMRS] 2012 Implementers Meeting: Voting for the Location Starts 20 March

Sent from my mobile
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Dawn Smith" <dawn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mar 19, 2012 8:25 PM
Subject: [OPENMRS] 2012 Implementers Meeting: Voting for the Location
Starts 20 March
To: <openmrs-announce-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Everyone!

It is time to vote on the location of the 2012 Implementers Meeting!

Last year, OpenMRS collaborated with teams in Rwanda to host the 2011
Implementers Meeting. We heard loud and clear from participants and other
community members that you want more opportunities to be involved in
planning and hosting the event in different regions, so the community can
better showcase active projects around the world.

This year we changed our approach by engaging the community from the
planning process and issued a call for proposals for anyone in the
community to complete. Proposers were asked to respond to several questions
and provide details about the venue, host committee, and site visits. I am
pleased to say we received two, strong proposals this first year.

Please take time to review each proposal in its entirety before ranking
your preference starting on Tuesday.

*Who is eligible to vote?* All individuals with an OpenMRS ID as of Friday,
16 March 2012 are eligible to vote.

*When can I vote?* Voting is open from 20-27 March, UTC. Please be sure to
vote during that time and make note of your time zone.

*How do I vote?* On Tuesday, 20 March at midnight UTC, an email will be
sent to the address on file for each OpenMRS ID existing as of the
eligibility date. This email will contain a unique link that may be used
only once to vote. If you do not receive an e-mail and had an OpenMRS ID on
16 March, please write to events@xxxxxxxxxxx and include your OpenMRS ID
user name.

*The Proposals (listed alphabetically): *

   - *Gambia <http://events.openmrs.org/2012-gambia/>*

   - *Philippines <http://events.openmrs.org/2012-philippines/>*

For additional information, please visit the OpenMRS Events page:
http://events.openmrs.org/vote2012/

All the best,

-Dawn