Ordering of category combo options in section forms (Mobile browser and J2ME client)

Hi there. I have a question regarding the ordering of category combo options.

I have a category combo composed of two categories

Gender(Male/Female)
Age(<1,1-15,15+)

In the gender category, I have ordered the category options as 1 =
Male and 2 = Female.
In the age category, I have ordered the category options as 1= <1, 2= 1-15,3=15+

I have then ordered the categories in the combo as

Gender = 1
Age = 2

I would expect the following order to appear in the section forms

(1,1) Male, <1
(1,2) Male, 1-15
(1,3) Male, 15+
(2,1) Female,< 1
(2,2) Female, 1-15
(2,3) Female 15+

The order however seems to be alphabetical according to category option.

Is there a setting I am missing or is the sort order simply not
respected with the section forms?

Thanks,
Jason

Follow ups