Re: DHIS version 2.8 released

Thanks, It real a major realise with a lot development.

Cheers

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 1:12 PM, Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> DHIS version 2.8 is release. The news this time is:
>

> - Data visualizer plugin: Plugin for embedding the dynamic charts you see
> in Data Visualizer module directly in Web pages. Data is loaded from the
> DHIS back-end server. Example here:
>
> http://apps.dhis2.org/portal/plugin.html
>
> Documentation here:
>
> http://dhis2.org/doc/snapshot/en/user/html/ch24s07.html
>

> - Tracker tabular report: Interactive analysis tool for all types of
> tracker data. Can display data element values and beneficiary attributes
> and identifiers. Lets you filter on any of the columns in a table and
> download the data to Excel and PDF. Follows the same user interface
> principles as Data Visualizer module. Check it out here, for instance by
> selecting the "Delivery returns" program, selecting org unit and data
> elements and clicking "Update":
>
> http://apps.dhis2.org/demo/dhis-web-caseentry/app/index.html
>
> (Demo login is admin/district)
>

> - Search and browse beneficiary history: See the complete history of a
> beneficiary from programs and single events by clicking on the blue info
> icon in the list of beneficiaries. See it here by going straight down in
> the org unit tree and selecting the first facility:
>
> http://apps.dhis2.org/demo/dhis-web-caseentry/patient.action
>

> - Dedicated import-export function for data values: You no longer risk
> messing up your meta-data when doing data value import. Data values are now
> matched on the stable identifiers of the meta-data (like data elements and
> org units).
>
> This means that you can safely import data as records will either be
> imported if they match your meta-data or ignored if not. It also means that
> remote systems can change the names of data elements and org units and
> still be able to exchange data values with the central system - records are
> matched on the stable identifiers which cannot be changed in the user
> interface. See the demo:
>

> http://apps.dhis2.org/demo/dhis-web-importexport/displayImportDataValueForm.action?importFormat=xml
>

> - CSV data value import-export: Data can be imported and exported using
> the CSV format (as well as the DHIS XML format called DXF). This provides
> an easy way to bootstrap DHIS systems from external sources and achieve
> interoperability with legacy systems as CSV is very widespread and is easy
> to contstruct manually. Check it out here:
>

> http://apps.dhis2.org/demo/dhis-web-importexport/displayDataValueExportForm.action
>

> http://apps.dhis2.org/demo/dhis-web-importexport/displayImportDataValueForm.action?importFormat=csv
>
> Documentation here:
>
> http://dhis2.org/doc/snapshot/en/user/html/ch18s04.html
>

> - Cumulative values in report tables: For each column you can include a
> cumulative value column by ticking "Include cumulative" in the add report
> table screen. This enabled you to make nice progress reports like this:

> [...]

Samuel Cheburet
Ministry Of Health
P.O. Box 20781
Nairobi, Kenya
Mobile- 0721624338

*"When you cease to dream you cease to live, Neither you nor the world
knows what you can do until you have tried".*

*"Chance favours the prepared mind" -Louis Pasteur
*
**