Re: Orphaned orgunits during creation of a new orgunit

Hi Jason, thanks for the report. I have tested a bit and maybe found the error.

Currently the org unit tree only allows you to unselect by clicking on
the root org unit (you cannot unselect by clicking on any other org
unit in the tree). This was done to make it possible to create
multiple roots in the tree. A user assigned to the root can see all
new roots being made.

An unwanted effect of this is that a user assigned to an org unit
lower in the tree (e.g. a district) can also unselect the current org
unit by clicking on that district. So when creating a new org unit,
after unselecting the current org unit, it will be created at the same
level as the district. But the user is only assigned to the district
and is thus prohibited to see other org units at the same level -
giving the impression that the newly created org unit disappeared in
thin air.

The fix to this problem is to only allow unselect of org units for the
root of the full org unit hierarchy, not for the "virtual" root that
has been assigned to users lower in three. Will be fixed and
backported.

Lars